Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Third Trimester Already?!




Time has just flown by! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was finding out I was expecting twins and telling Kason about it and calling everyone. I'm 28 weeks 3 days today, and I went in for my sono with the perinatologist and regular check-up with my OBGYN.

The perinatologist is a very personable lady! She's a twin herself, so she is a real expert. She had a high school student in there for part of the sono and was quizzing her, and I learned quite a lot along with the student. Both girls are doing fine, and they're getting very big. Twin A is almost in the 90th percentile for weight!!! She's 3 lb 4 oz. while Twin B is 3 lbs exactly. Twin A is breech, and Twin B is vertex. Hopefully Twin A flips head-down when it's time for birth! She's the one who's been kicking my bladder and other parts down there! I'm happy that the girls are at such healthy weights, but part of me worries about how much heavier they'll be in a month. I have ten more weeks to go, and already I feel like it's too much weight somedays. I am sitting more at work, thankfully, but just a full workday takes a lot out of me. I walked only one day last week, and I had to go at a grandma's pace, which took me 40+ minutes. My OBGYN said that she is going to have me go to 38 weeks but that if I need to be put on bed rest, to tell her and she'll write the note. She's leaving it up to me and how I feel in terms of whether I work for that long.

Twin A had hiccups, which was adorable to watch on the screen, but I can't feel them. Twin B was squirmy as usual. :) I'm measuring at 32 weeks, and I've gained 5 pounds in the past two weeks. Hoping that BFing works out so these extra pounds just melt off. Plus BFing is so much better than formula hands-down. I am determined to make it work! My cervix is still long and didn't budge at all when the perinatologist pushed down on my belly. Sonos don't feel so great lately because of how much I'm stretched out, I guess. The pressure isn't comfortable at times, but as long as both girls are doing fine, I am not complaining.

I'm getting a haircut later today and will take my baby bump pic then. We got a DVD of the sonogram, but only one pic of Twin A. :( You can see her little face, though, which is precious.




No comments:

Post a Comment