Thursday, March 21, 2013

30th week


Eek! I can't believe I'm already in my 30th week! Well, I was overambitious about getting the nursery all done during the break, but Kris did come and help me paint the walls, thank goodness for her! They look fabulous, and I've sketched the trees and heart. My concept is two cherry trees whose branches form a heart in the middle over the two cribs, which will contain the girls' names. I will paint cherry blossoms around the heart and on the branches. I might get some decals to help me out since that is a lot of painting. I overdid myself last weekend in helping to paint the walls and had to stay in bed for the majority of the day on Sunday. It's hard to remember that I physically can't handle nearly as much as I used to earlier in my pregnancy. Sleeping is really uncomfortable now because of all the extra weight causing my arms, legs, butt, and hands to fall asleep. I have tried sitting up in bed to sleep, but it's not much more comfortable since all the weight is focused on my tailbone and lower back. Kris got us a recliner that will be delivered on Saturday, and that will be one of the best days of my life!!!!! I fell asleep in it at Havertys while waiting for her to settle the bill, so I have test-drove it successfully. :)

I had minor swelling in my right ankle this morning when I woke up, and as the day progressed, my right leg swelled quite a bit. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and see what she says. Hopefully it's just because I didn't drink enough water today, but better safe than sorry. I'm just going to stay off my feet for the rest of the evening and hope it doesn't happen again tomorrow. My next sonogram will be during my 32nd week. I am measuring at 34 weeks already--a month ahead!!!! My doctor says it's normal for twins, but I am worried about measuring at 38 weeks when I'm 34 weeks. I'm afraid I won't be able to walk by then, especially if the swelling doesn't improve. Then I will have to throw in the towel and get the doctor's note for bed rest. I'm hoping to be able to work until early May. We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment